GENERAL ADVERTISING GUIDELINES
- Prior to submission, creatives should be tested for stability across all browser platforms.
- Please adhere to reasonable File Size Specs when submitting creative. MapMyFitness does not have a fixed file size specification. Unreasonable (ie, outside typical industry standards) file sizes are subject to approval.
- All creative is subject to approval by both the website and the Ad Production group.
- No Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).Clickthru and Alt Text: URL's must be submitted with all creative. Alt text is optional, and cannot exceed 30 characters.
RICH MEDIA GUIDELINES
- Rich Media ads must adhere to reasonable File Size Specs for pageloading. Creative can expand to a maximum of 100K subsequent to the initial page load.
- Default creative (in GIF/JPEG format) must be submitted with all rich media files.
- Do not use HTML, BODY, and HEAD tags within the code.
- Images should be hosted locally whenever possible. Nested tables are not recommended.
- FORM tags should appear outside of TABLE tags.
- Any interactivity, including expandable banners and streaming audio/video, should be user-initiated, unless otherwise approved.
- clickTAG is the flash standard for tracking banner clicks. Read the ClickTAG FAQ for OpenX (our adserver)
THIRD-PARTY RICH MEDIA GUIDELINES
- Pre-approved technologies/third-party servers: Eyeblaster, Unicast, CommFlash, BlueStreak, Enliven, Dynamic Logic, Viewpoint, Tangozebra, Dart/DoubleClickRich Media, Mediaplex.
- Other Third Party Rich Media technologies are accepted on a case by case basis.
- With some exceptions, Rich Media will be served by IFRAME tags. Creative submitted should be compatible for this ad tag format.
- Ad production cannot guarantee that click through data will be tracked for all of the Rich media technologies that are third-party served.
- All third-party tags should be submitted with clear instructions regarding the implementation of click-tracking redirects and cache busting information.
APPROVED RICH MEDIA FORMATS
- Eye Wonder
- Audio must be user-initiated.
- Audio shut-off functionality must be clearly visible and accessible to the user.
- The method of audio initiation and termination must be the same (e.g. roll-over, click).
ANIMATION / LOOP GUIDELINES
- There is no loop maximum, however total animation time for all loops combined may not exceed 15 seconds for banner ads and may not exceed 30 seconds for pop-under ads.
- Ads may not contain elements exhibiting persistent rapid/flashing animation
- Window close functionality must be clearly visible and accessible to the user.
APPROVED THIRD PARTY AD SERVERS
- Atlas DMT
APPROVED RICH MEDIA THIRD PARTY SERVERS
- Atlas DMT
Up to 200 words in Word, and 1 images in JPEG or GIF (170px maximum dimension height or width - 72dpi). The entire advertorial must fi An advertorial is presented within the body text of the e-Newsletter, with its headline included in the Contents at the top of the issue. Should feature newsworthy content, unique or timely information. Suggestions: Training tips, awards, special offers or promotions. Content may be edited to fit our editorial format. Review draft supplied for approval.
Our on-map markers are 38px by 35px. The shadowing is not auto-generated so most of our advertiser supplied creatives are transparent PNG-24's with the shadowing built into the creative. (View Example).
If there are multiple locations, please also provide an excel / csv file with name, address, city, state, zip, phone, optional url, and any other optional data you wish to provide.
- E-mail creative and urls to your account manager.
- Please contact us for FTP information if your files are too large to email.
- Please ensure you supply creatives three (3) working days prior to the campaign start date.
MapMyFitness, Inc. complies with IAB Creative Units Sizes. We reserve the right to reject any advertising materials we deem offensive or inappropriate.